DOT Starts Rehabilitation of Henry Hudson Parkway Viaduct
By Wayne Sheppard
The New York City Department of Transportation (DOT) Division of Bridges has begun rehabilitating the Henry Hudson Parkway Viaduct in Manhattan, between 72nd and 82nd Streets.
Scheduled for completion in August 2020, the project scope for the renovation includes the following:
- Rehabilitation and replacement of structural steel
- Rehabilitation of the concrete deck and barriers
- Rehabilitation of abutment and retaining walls
- Asbestos removal
- Addition of steel stringers
- Replacement of expansion joints
To accommodate construction on the bridge structures above, the city has closed the Riverside Park South 72nd Street Dog Run for approximately five weeks, with an estimated reopening date of May 1. The adjacent dog run at West 72nd Street will remain open during this time.
If you have any questions, or if you need any assistance working with DOT, contact Metropolis Group at 212.233.6344.