By Penny Laughlin
On October 16, 2017, four more job filing types will migrate to DOB NOW: Build—sidewalk sheds, supported scaffolds, fences, and signs. The Department of Buildings (DOB) will reject any new job filings submitted either in person or via eFiling that include these work types on the PW1 form.
This change applies to any new filings for these four work types, even if they are associated with other work types not available in DOB NOW: Build. Any filings for sidewalk sheds, supported scaffolds, fences, and signs that already have a BIS job number will continue to be processed in-person at borough offices or electronically through eFiling.
Upcoming Launches: Electrical and Elevators
In December, Electrical Permit Applications (ED16A) and Elevator Application (ELV1) filings will move to DOB NOW: Build.
- December 4, 2017. New Electrical Permit Application filings must be submitted through DOB NOW: Build.
- December 11, 2017. New Elevator Application filings must be submitted through DOB NOW: Build.
As with other DOB NOW launches, any filings for these job types that currently have a BIS job number will continue to be processed in person and through eFiling.
Webinar Sessions: Boiler Compliance Filings
On August 14, 2017, DOB moved boiler compliance filings to DOB NOW: Safety. To assist with the transition, DOB will host webinars in October and December. A recording of the webinar will also be available for playback on the department website.
Attendees must register in advance by clicking the RSVP link below.
- October 11, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Register online
- October 31, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Register online
- December 1, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Register online
If you have any questions, please contact Metropolis at 212.233.6344.