By Penny Laughlin
During the next few months, the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) will launch its new online business portal, FDNY Business. As mentioned in our April 2018 article, the platform will work very much like DOB NOW.
FDNY Business will allow customers to manage the business activities currently online through the NYC Business portal. In addition, FDNY customers will be able to manage plan review applications and inspection/test requests, as well as violations and payments.
Users can expect to see the following activities online by the end of the project’s first phase, scheduled for rollout during the first six months of 2019.
- Auxiliary Radio Communications System
- Certificate of Approval
- Concept/Proposal/Technical Document
- Engineering Plan
- Fire Alarm Plan
- Fire Alarm Variance
- Fire Code Variance/Rule/Modification
- Performance-Based Design Submission
- Rangehood Plan Review
- Rooftop Access Plan Review Variance
Emergency Planning and Preparedness
- Comprehensive Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan
- Fire Protection Plan
- Fire Safety and Evacuation Plan
- Fire Safety and Evacuation Plan High-Rise Residential (Non-Sequential Floor) Plan
- Rangehood Inspection/Test
FDNY is planning a two-year implementation schedule for the site’s full functionality.
We’ll keep you posted as new developments occur. In the meantime, please call Metropolis Group at 212.233.6344 if you have any questions about how the new platform will affect your projects.