DOB Proposed Rule – Violation Classification
By Renee Sosnowski
The Department of Buildings is proposing changes regarding the classification of certain violations to reflect the requirements of Local Law 77 of 2015 and the 2014 updates to the NYC Construction Codes.
The updates amended some requirements, added new requirements and renumbered existing sections of these Codes. Rule 102-01 is being amended to reflect some of these changes by:
- Updating sections of the Administrative Code,
- Updating descriptions to the table of classifications,
- Deleting some existing violations that no longer apply or could be combined with
- Existing descriptions
- Adding new violations and their classifications.
These infractions relate to:
- Failure to provide pedestrian protection for sidewalks and walkways.
- Failure to obey a vacate order.
The Public Hearing will be held on Wednesday, January 6, 2016 – 10:00am. The Location is:
Department of Buildings
280 Broadway, 3rd floor
New York, NY 10007
For more details, please click here.