Resolved Private Elevator Violations

By Renee Sosnowski

The Department’s Buildings Information System (BIS) is updated quarterly to reflect resolved private elevator violations (PVT Violations).

When a PVT violation is received, the property owner has to hire a private elevator company to correct the device’s deficiencies and then choose one of the of 4 options listed below to resolve the violation (depending on what the violation was issued for).

1) File an Affirmation of Correction (AOC)

2) File a satisfactory CAT1 inspection

3) File a satisfactory Affirmation of Correction (AOC) for a CAT1 unsatisfactory inspection

4) Submit an elevator permit application (ELV1) and sign it off.

There’s more detail from the DOB, which you can access by clicking here.